Tuesday, April 7, 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Date: Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 1:49 AM Subject: Cheers To A Spirited Fighter - Thank You For The Inspiring Story To: scalingwalls.siewmay@gmail.com

Dearest Siew May

I have just finished reading your book, Scaling Walls - My Story, two minutes ago and would like to share my thoughts with you.First of all, congratulations on having written such a wonderful story.

I don't know how this book landed in my home and from the front cover, I could tell it was not one of the canonical European novels I was used to reading. But once I opened it, I was held riveted and completed it at one go. This really proves that we cannot judge a book by its cover and it is true on so many levels, in so many ways, as you convinced us in the book.

Your simple and touching story of strength, honesty and courage did not need any embellishments in style or language.I found myself nodding in awe and agreement to your reflections. We all go through times of uncertainty, insecurity and fear. This applies to everyone, from disabled to normal, and ordinary to extraordinary. Yours were perhaps greater in magnitude than many others', yet you persevered and emerged winner in every way.

So thank you for reminding us, through your book, that we should never give up. If you didn't, we don't have the right to, either. After all, you are just like any of us, nothing less, probably more.Thank you, Siew May, also for sharing the love and friendship you've received.

Indeed, there are walls people erect to contain us and still others we build to hide within. But sincerity and kindness from people who care, can fill and break these barriers. Sometimes we forget to appreciate and thank them. You have, again, reminded us to be grateful.To end, this letter is not about me or my experiences but my respect and admiration for you as a spirited fighter with so much grace. I am sure your determined mind and heart will see you through every blessing and challenge further down the road less taken. Along this route, I wish you every happiness and success. I hope you'll continue to write and share with us more inspiring stories that shine and satiate one's soul.

With my very best wishes,
Private

No comments:

Post a Comment