Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Email from Readers

Date: Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:37 AMSubject: Re: Hello Siew MayTo: scalingwalls.siewmay@gmail.com
Dear Siew May,

I am a friend of Chris Sims and I have read your book "Scaling Walls". It's a very good book & I really enjoyed reading it. You have brought back memories of my childhood as I was also living in a kampong. I was living in Pasir Panjang 10 miles which is where Pandan & Teban Gardens are currently.

You are really such a remarkable person and after having read your book, I feel motivated and also a better understanding of life. You are right. All of us have our fears which prevented us from achieving the things we want in life. Most of us prefer to remain in our comfort zone. And I can't imagine your determination to reach the top of Mt Kinabalu! I have climbed Mt. Kinabalu 3 times and each time I kept asking why am I torturing myself but once at the summit, it's well worth it.

I love climbing mountains because life is just like climbing a mountain. It's steep & treacherous in some part and then it levels off and then up again. It's endless. We have to stay strong, focus & positive inorder to succeed.

My best wishes to you and I hope to meet up with you some day.

Best regards
Lisa Heng

No comments:

Post a Comment