Wednesday, June 10, 2009

an email from reader



On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 1:05 PM, wrote:

Dear Siew May,

I bought your book on the first day of the Singapore Bookfair and finished reading it on the same day. I was so touched by your story that I decided to read to my two boys Yihang (8 years old) and Yiyang (9 years old). Your story will remind us to appreciate what we have been enjoying now and to stay strong whenever we face obstacles in our lives. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I hope more people will get to read your book.

Please see attached the photograph my children took with you on the last day of the bookfair.

May I wish you happiness always.

Sincerely yours,

Tok Foon

________________________________________

Dear Ms Oh,

I felt a bit scared meeting you. I also felt a bit scared reading your story, because there were parts about death which I was not used to listen to it. I feel sorry for you. But your story also made me feel urgent because I want to continue reading it.

Yours Sincerely,


Fang Yihang

________________________________________

Dear Ms Oh,
You are very brave to climb the mountain without giving up. I would have given up halfway if I ever climb the mountain.
It was a surprise that your brother came back.

I don’t know why, but I felt nervous to meet you. Maybe it’s because I don’t meet authors often.


Yours Sincerely,

Fang Yiyang

No comments:

Post a Comment